We’re ready to reveal our big secret…
Author Jim Heskett and copywriting guru Abigail Dunard tackle an author-submitted blurb to dissect it and understand how to write killer sales copy.
To watch video of this episode, view it on Facebook at Best Page Forward.
Here are this episode’s read-along selections:
Author: Alexa Rivers
Title: Summer with the CEO (Small town contemporary romance)
- She’s a disgraced journalist on a mission. He’s a CEO with a hate-on for the press. They shouldn’t want each other, but love doesn’t play fair.
- Elijah Lockwood. Tall, dark, and delicious. About as approachable as an iceberg.
- They have nothing in common except chemistry. Their fling was supposed to be temporary…until a plus on a stick says otherwise.
- She wants a front page story. All he wants is to be left alone. Quitting isn’t in her vocabulary, especially when there’s so much on the line.
- Small town journalist Aria can’t help lusting after endlessly frustrating Eli. He’s hot, rich, and emotionally unavailable, but a girl can dream, right?
- She’s all about family. He wishes he could escape his. When a one night stand leads to more, can he overcome his demons to make a family with her?
- Aria Simons. Sweeter than a frosted cupcake. All big eyes and tempting curves, but she’s the type to want forever, and that means she’s not for him.
- He’s aloof. She’s impulsive. Their secret kisses are dangerously addictive.
–Abigail’s Targeted Tip:
Simplify headlines to a single focus or idea
Send us your blurbs! BlurbsSellBooks@gmail.com
Want to submit your own blurb for consideration? Fill out the form at www.bestpageforward.net/podcast or send an email to BlurbsSellBooks@gmail.com